Monday, March 16, 2020

Out of thin air

Monday in the Third Week of Lent

Restore us, O God of hosts;
show the light of your countenance,
and we shall be saved.
Psalm 80:3

I sit out in the afternoon sunshine, a blanket pulled up on my lap because it is still spring cold. The morning contained heartache and leadership and encouragement as a community labored to regroup into a new and unfamiliar configuration. The work was uneven and gentle and at times halting.

And, along with the willingness to gather in a space that needed to be created out of thin air came the revelation of gifts and the deepening of relationships.

And now I seek something else from the air, trying to pull the goodness of the sun into myself. Trying to absorb…strength? Solace? Renewal?

And then I remember where restoration is to be found, how the Source of life and love is never absent, how God is in the midst of us. I welcome this chance to air out my heart. To allow my tears to wash it through and the spring breeze to dry the dampness. To make it fresh and open and ready to love.