Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Through

Wednesday in the Third Week of Lent

Your word is a lantern to my feet
and a light upon my path.
Psalm 119:105

In the middle of the night as I am wakeful when I would rather be asleep, a voice reaches out to me, “It will be alright.” I grab onto it like the lifeline it is. I need this reassurance.

The Lenten wilderness is often a difficult place. And now it seems even more impossible to navigate. As more of what is normal dissolves around me, the way through this time seems precarious and the next step unclear.

In the morning light, I reach out to a friend, texting for tangible encouragement. We name to each other what feels shaky. And in this sharing, we find the solid footing of faith in one another. A faith grounded in our belief in a God who will love us through. As the day brightens outside my window, this sacred conversation lights the way ahead.

Some things will be alright. And some things will not. And none of that changes that the way through is the way of love.



Image by Mariangela Castro (Mary) from Pixabay