Thursday, March 26, 2020

Held

Thursday in the Fourth Week of Lent

Answer me, O Lord, for your love is kind;
in your great compassion, turn to me.
Psalm 69:18

For no particular reason and for every reason the tears come. This desert transverse takes turn after turn into unknowable territory as plans that are made on one day are reluctantly and necessarily set aside the next. It all seems impossible to navigate. At the same time, at each curve in the road I encounter acts of generosity and mercy and loving-kindness that reach across any kind of distancing.

So, I let the tears fall, entering into a sacred time of release. This moment is beyond my capacity to hold and so I let it go. And, along with my tears, all the anguish and hopeful expectancy are gathered up and held in the holy compassion that is beyond all measure.

Once again, I turn to the God who saves, and discover that God has already turned to me.



Image by StockSnap from Pixabay