Monday, March 30, 2020

Close

Monday in the Fifth Week of Lent

You have not shut me up in the power of the enemy;
you have set my feet in an open place.
Psalm 31:8

Somehow, it all works. Even with the technical missteps. Even with sometimes halting worship. We gather.

I see faces and names across my screen and I am grateful. Not only because I am connected with my usual Sunday companions, but also because our community has already expanded. Others join us from states and time zones far away.

We share prayer and songs and storytelling and afterward my heart is full. Our very willingness to be there for one another defies that which would try to use disruption and distance to separate us not only from those we love, but from Love itself.

Because, of course, Love itself traverses the Lenten wilderness and the wilderness of a world in trouble and forever holds us close.