Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Connection

Tuesday in the Fourth Week of Lent

When many cares fill my mind,
your consolations cheer my soul.
Psalm 94:19


As I kneel in church and fold my hands for prayer, I am taken back to my childhood. Somehow this ritual gesture always sends me to the first church I remember, kneeling with hands folded, convinced that this posture itself was vital. I believed that God would best hear my prayers if I whispered them into my clasped hands. Like some kind of divine intercom system.

Now, so many years and places later, I still bring my worries and wonderings and wants to God in prayer. I am committed to the connection. Whether I am kneeling in church or meditating in a comfortable chair at home or awake in the middle of the night flinging my cares into the darkness, I believe God’s hands are there, always waiting, always ready to catch all. The connection itself is my consolation, my comfort, my treasure.




Image credit: balazschristina / 123RF Stock Photo