Thursday, March 22, 2018

Content

Thursday in the Fifth Week of Lent

But I still my soul and make it quiet,
like a child upon its mother’s breast;
my soul is quieted within me.
Psalm 131:3

I look up from my book and realize a comfortable quiet has settled on the room. My husband and daughter and I all sit reading, an individual activity and yet a communal one as well. We are at this moment connected by contentment. And by years of living together, striving together, sometimes in concert with one another, sometimes in discord, always learning more about loving one another. The evening quiets around us and I am comforted by the stillness.

Sometimes I simply find my soul encompassed in peace. Sometimes, a serene heart seems hard to come by. At all times, God surrounds me with love, and occasions to learn love, and opportunities to hand things over to God’s loving arms.




Image credit: og_vision / 123RF Stock Photo