Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Holy shout-out

Wednesday in the Third Week of Lent

Sing with joy to God our strength
and raise a loud shout to the God of Jacob.
Psalm 81:1

The lively conversation punctuated by boisterous laughter reaches across the lawn and up to the second-floor room where I am finishing some work. I cannot make out individual words, but the familiar voices are like strains of lovely music. Good colleagues, good friends, good companions on the faith walk. We are gathered at a professional conference and are serious about our work-and are also able to see the humor in our endeavors and find joy in our vocations.

I do not have to be in the midst of the merriment to be a part of it. Even from a distance my heart is lightened by joyfulness so abundantly shared, and I am filled with gratitude that God's care for me is embodied in these magnificent human beings with whom I share the journey.

I leave my room and join my colleagues, and soon my laughter is added to the mix, a song, a symphony, a loud shout-out to God.



Image credit: stockbroker / 123RF Stock Photo