Saturday, March 24, 2018

Falling into love

Saturday in the Fifth Week of Lent

May there be no breaching of the walls, no going into exile,
no wailing in the public squares.
Psalm 144:15

I brace myself for what is to come, anticipating the difficulty ahead. The resistance. The pushback. The breaches of respect and compassion. The loud voices raised in reproach. The soft voices selling anxiety. All the ways the enemy will use to pull me off balance.

I try to center myself with prayer, to fortify myself with recollections of solace and support. I look for the goodness that is deep within me and in the world around me and in those who travel closest to me. And then I let go of my own defensive stance.

I will fall into the hands of God. I will lose myself in the beauty of a mournful hymn which sings to the depths of my soul and carries me in its resolution to the certainty that those hands will not let me go.





Image credit: macsim / 123RF Stock Photo