Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Way of Possibility

Wednesday in the First Week of Lent

This is my comfort in my trouble,
that your promise gives me life.
Psalm 119:50

Although I have been diligent, the list of things needing done doesn’t seem to get any shorter. It is like the Hydra; each time I cross off one item completed, one or two more appears in its place.

So often I try to manage my life by wrestling my calendar, commitments, tasks into some kind of order and submission. I find myself expending energy to try to get ahead of the game. This morning, it occurs to me that perhaps what is more important is to play. Be present. Know that it is not all up to me. Recall that I have the best companion on the way, a Creator who loves me.

As the day unfolds, so does the way before me. The Holy One has strewn the path ahead of me with invitation and possibility.



Image Source: 123rf.com