Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tasting Gratitude

Saturday in the Second Week of Lent

We give you thanks, O God, we give you thanks,
   calling upon your Name and declaring all your wonderful deeds.  Psalm 75:1

The birdsong is almost cacophonous. In the last few days, the warmth and life and hope of spring can be seen and smelt and touched. I no longer have to assure myself and others that spring will surely come just because I know in my mind it must. Now I can taste it.

I am thankful for raucous morning birdsong. I am thankful for brown grassy lawns emerging from icy snow banks. I am thankful for sunlight and rain. I am thankful for all the senses that tell me of God’s magnificent presence. I am thankful for yearning, I am thankful for hope, I am thankful for all the possibilities this day will afford me to live in gratitude.



copyright © Anne E. Kitch 2014