Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Showing up

Wednesday in the Third Week of Lent

Sustain me according to your promise,
that I may live,
and let me not be disappointed in my hope.
Psalm 119:116



The conversation is lively as we gather on zoom, as this group has been doing each Wednesday morning for the past three and a half years. Born out of necessity, our healing prayer group has become a place of deep spiritual formation. We pray for those we know who are ill, those in our community who are in need, and the hurt in the world.

And we share our daily lives. We tell stories, we plan, we share news, we laugh. We sustain one another.

The healing we experience is all the more powerful because we know that we abide in the holy One. We have placed our trust in God, and it is that hope which keeps us showing up week after week. Showing up because of others, showing up for one another, showing up for God.

As I log off, I offer up a prayer of thanksgiving for this community of healing, my companions on this Lenten journey.