Friday, March 22, 2024

Days ahead

Friday in the Fifth Week of Lent

Let me hear of your loving-kindness in the morning,
for I put my trust in you;
show me the road that I must walk,
for I lift up my soul to you.
Psalm 143:8


I wake before the sunrise, yet there is a hint of the dawn to come. I pull the blanket around my shoulders immersing myself in warmth and savoring the comfort of the moment. I watch as the morning light arrives, the vivid orange of the horizon foretelling the brightness ahead and I smile as I realize my day will be illuminated by spring sunshine.

I have time to linger this morning. And I will have space in my day for an afternoon walk when I can take note of spring. I will listen to birdcalls, smell the damp earth, feel the temperature of the air vacillate between cool and warm. see new growth.

I will soak all of this up. The morning comfort, the bright cool spring, the holiness of creation. God will walk with me through this day, opening the path of life before me.

And God will be present in the days ahead as I walk the way of love and the way of the cross.