Monday, March 4, 2024

Safe

Monday in the Third Week of Lent

Restore us, O God of hosts;
show the light of your countenance,
and we shall be saved.
Psalm 80:3


I quietly walk into the room and take my seat in the circle of people at prayer. They have kept a space for me, and as I join I feel the welcome. More than acceptance, what is offered here is belonging.

This leadership group has gathered for contemplation and visioning, and for restoration. Into this sacred space we place our struggles and challenges, our yearnings and hopes, our courage. All the while opening ourselves to the presence of the Holy One.

I see the light in the faces around me, and I sense the light within each person as well. Light that is a reflection of the Holy abiding in each of us. 

I sit in this circle of faith, and I feel whole. Restored. Ready. I sit in the presence of God and know this is where I am safe and saved.