Saturday, March 5, 2022

Promised joy

Saturday after Ash Wednesday

Weeping may spend the night,
but joy comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:6


Sleep helps. I know this. Many times when I am stressed over something at night, I find in the morning that the problem seems less daunting. Rest helps. I know this. 

Nevertheless, I don’t stop when I am weary. I can, must, send one more email, make one more phone call, clean up one more mess. One of the enemy’s favorite strategies is to make us think we have to be going full tilt all the time. In order to achieve, in order to be worthy, in order to be saved.

And God?

God comforts. God blesses. God saves. God rests. God promises that weeping and mourning are not the whole of it. God promises joy in the morning.



Image by SiloƩ Amazzi from Pixabay