Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Cares and consolations

Tuesday in the Fourth Week of Lent

When many cares fill my mind,
your consolations cheer my soul.
Psalm 94:19


Already I can feel the pressure build, my mind and attention being pulled by the magnet of the busyness of the weeks ahead. A similar pressure fills my head as the unpredictable weather brings on the inevitable seasonal congestion. Both body and soul feel sluggish and hesitant. I feel avoidance coming on like a cold.

But then I see the shafts of light across my chair inviting me to sit in sunshine, I read the email from a friend who has made time for me, I feel the warm coziness of a beautifully knit wool sweater, I hear the windchimes being played by the vigorous gustiness of the day. And as I set myself to the task of preparing worship services, I am surrounded by prayer, ancient and new.

God speaks to me continuously. When I listen, my soul is comforted.




Image by StockSnap from Pixabay