Thursday, March 10, 2022

Buoyancy

Thursday in the First Week of Lent
 
For my part, I will sing of your strength;
I will celebrate your love on the morning.
Psalm 59:18

 
Yesterday began grey, then transitioned to a light rain. Followed by sleet, then snow, and once again the yard was covered with white. And yet. Yet, I know this is how March works. And spring will come.
 
This time last year, I was wary. Even as spring seemed possible, I held expectation at bay in the same way that I was keeping hope of the pandemic’s end at arm’s length. I knew then that the pandemic would not give way easily. I had no idea it would be another year. And yet.
 
Yet, I know something of God. I have trusted in sacred promises and not been disappointed. Time and again hope has been the strength that carries me through, and hope will buoy me now.
 
Love will come. 



Image by Kranich17 from Pixabay