Thursday, March 17, 2022

Confidence

Thursday in the Second Week of Lent
 
For you have been my hope, O Lord God,
my confidence since I was young.
Psalm 71:5

 
I know it is still March, and the weather unpredictable, but the welcome warmth cheers my soul and makes me want to rush into spring. Even a morning drizzle does not dampen the lightness I feel at my core. I have been so hungry for this assurance of new life and relief from dreariness.
 
At the same time, I don’t want to rush. I want to savor each bud noticed, each breeze carrying fresh scents, each drop that is not frozen.
 
Having mostly lived in climes where the seasons are sharply marked by change in temperature and vegetation, my soul too recognizes this rhythm. I have confidence that spring will come, that hope brings strength, that God promises life over and over again.