Monday, March 7, 2022

Peaceful moment

Monday in the First Week of Lent

Rise up, and help us,
and save us, for the sake of
your steadfast love.
Psalm 44:26


The unexpected warmth of the day lends itself to a pleasant evening on the porch. A stolen moment, at this beginning of March, a wild month with unpredictable weather. 

In a world and on a path that hold dangers and treacherous terrain, this moment of peace calls to me, asking to be noticed and honored. It is God’s moment, as all moments are.

The Spirit lead, drove, Jesus into the wilderness. A time of prayer, fasting, and testing. The opportunity, imperative even, to discern and reject more than one false self, conjured by the enemy. 

If I am to likewise to combat the lies and come to myself, I need these moments of calm and solace and beauty. I need to lean into God’s steadfast love.