Saturday, March 26, 2022

Perspective

Saturday in the Third Week of Lent

Before the mountains were brought forth,
or the land and the earth were born,
from age to age you are God.
Psalm 90:3


Yesterday, I rested. And rested. I slept in. I put on a warm sweater and sat outside in the spring sun and read a book. I took a nap. And I kept saying thank you to God.

Resting not only restores my body, it also gives my heart and soul perspective. I cannot perceive God at work in the world if I do not have the time and the capacity to reflect. In truth, I can never see all of God, who is beyond all knowing. Yet, when I give myself the gift of stopping doing and reveling in being, I begin to see more.

More of the intricacy and beauty of God’s creation. More of my reliance on saving grace and sacred Wisdom. More of my need to depend on the One who is all in all.

This morning brings me to another day in the eternity that belongs to God. I begin with gratitude.