Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Wilderness Yearning: Tuesday in Holy Week


As often as I have said, “My foot has slipped,”
     your love, O Lord, upheld me.
When many cares fill my mind,
   your consolations cheer my soul.  Psalm 94:18-19


I look at my “To Do” list, then wish I hadn’t. Daunting. Complicated. Maybe even treacherous.

Of course, I remind myself, it is just a piece of paper. I have yet to be undone by a catalog. And I know something more. Beneath every unraveled moment, I have discovered God’s love. Even when I could not see it at the time.

I pick up my list and add to the top: breathe, pray, listen to music, drink plenty of water, trust. I begin with item number one. Then, almost as an afterthought, I add: find my sense of humor. I am fortified for the day ahead.



copyright © Anne E. Kitch 2013