Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Spacious light

Wednesday in the Third Week of Lent

Your word is a lantern to my feet
and a light upon my path.
Psalm 119:105


I cannot help but feel my spirits lift as I walk into the bright afternoon sunshine. With the time change, my body clock is of course off, and I keep thinking it is earlier than it is. I expect the sun to be going down as I arrive home. Instead, the day feels stretched out, as if I have all the time in the world.

I linger in this feeling of expansiveness. I take note. Because of course God’s time is not kept by clocks or governments, or limited by appointments, or curtailed by the start of the next zoom meeting.

If my life is in God’s hands, then my soul can abide in God’s time. I soak up this sense of spaciousness, knowing it will be there when I need it along the road.