Thursday, March 16, 2023

Humility walk

Thursday in the Third Week of Lent

Teach me your way, O Lord, 
And I will walk in your truth.
Psalm 86:11


It is a beautiful day to be outdoors. And honestly, even as this thought takes hold, I examine it. Surely the beauty or goodness or advantage of being outdoors does not depend on the weather. It seems to me that touching the air or ground on any day is vital to being human.

Going for a walk, taking off my shoes and standing on holy ground, connecting my body to the earth from which it was formed, remembering that I am dust. These actions remind me that I live and move and have my being within God’s creation. Not outside it. Not over it.

I am in constant need of this reminder, this humility. Walking in the wilderness, walking through Lent, walking in God’s truth.