Monday, March 13, 2023

Safety

Monday in the Third Week of Lent
 
Restore us, O God of hosts;
show us the light of your countenance,
and we shall be saved.
Psalm 80:3

 

There is comfort in being safe from the coming snowstorm. And even while I think on this, I am aware of so many who are not safe in a storm. Extreme weather, unrest, emotional outbursts, financial crisis. Our world, whether global or limited to a single person’s environs, seems pummeled by these and many more troubles.
 
Where are safety and security to be found?
 
And this is why faith. At times I cling to it. Other times I rest in it. Many times it is the faithfulness of others that carries me. And even when my faith is weak, God remains faithful.
 
Out of faith comes action, reaching out to offer safe harbor to others. And as the snow begins to fall, I know once again that resting in God is where I find restoration, and the place from which I can reach out, and my only hope.