Friday, March 31, 2023

Preparation

Friday in the Fifth Week of Lent

Let me hear of your loving-kindness in the morning,
for I put my trust in you;
show me the road that I must walk,
for I lift up my soul to you.
Psalm 143:8


As the day begins, I find I am already in need of more quiet. I need to settle my soul. For all that comes next. For the holy walk ahead. For the destination.

Soon this path will twist and turn, taking me from triumph to betrayal, through fear, loss, and abandonment. I will once again behold the relationships around Jesus torn and strengthened, promises broken and kept, hope shredded and renewed. I will stand  witness to all the harshness the world has to offer. And I will still find a way to speak love.

How will I prepare to enter the valley of the shadow of death? For it must be entered. In order to complete this journey. In order to arrive.