Friday, March 5, 2021

Turning love

Friday in the Second Week of Lent

Answer me, O Lord, for your love is kind;
in your compassion, turn to me.
Psalm 69:18



In the company of others in the virtual space we share, I trace a labyrinth path with my finger across a sheet of paper. Each of my companions does the same. If this were another time, and a different circumstance, we would be walking a labyrinth together in the same physical space and time.

But this is the now and the space we have. We set our prayerful questions before us, and trace.

And as we pray this way together, I sense us all on the same path. One that extends beyond us. One on which we circle out to the edge and back into the heart. One on which we each travel at different paces and may be in different quadrants but are nevertheless together along the Way of Love.

The path turns and turns. I come to the center. I rest. And then, I circle my way back out again.