Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Embrace

Tuesday in the Second Week of Lent

For God alone my soul in silence waits;
from whom comes my salvation.
Psalm 62:1


The wind is fierce, eliciting all sorts of creaks from the house, keens from outside branches, and frantic tolls from the windchimes. I throw out a greeting to wild March, which kisses winter farewell and will frolic its way to spring.

My chair, for the moment, is a place undisturbed by the cacophony. I am still in the center of the storm. Can I be even more still? I quiet myself and focus on the holy, simultaneously drawing within and expanding beyond myself. I find the silence, and in the silence a power that matches the wind.

I sit in the deep pool of calm in the midst of the tempest and wait. And pray. And contemplate. And am drawn close in divine embrace.



Adaptation of Image by Vitalis Arnoldus from Pixabay