Thursday, March 11, 2021

Mired

Thursday in the Third Week of Lent

I will listen to what the Lord God is saying,
for he is speaking peace to his faithful people
and to those who turn their hearts to him.
Psalm 85:8



In the middle of the day my energy flags. For no particular reason and for every reason. Each new day offers signs that the geography is changing, that this time of trial is on the wane. Yet the path still twists through canyons of uncertainty and glades of sorrow.

My only choice is to stop trying to do this on my own. This is hardly news to me, as I often have to be reminded to stop doing it all by myself. Yet here I am again, mired in the middle of the wilderness and forgetting to ask for help.

Jesus called an entire community to repentance. This is not meant to be a solitary path. I know and am grateful for the many others who are on this journey with me. Now is the moment to reach out.

And now is the moment to give myself over, to place myself completely in God’s hands, and to ask the holy to transform me.



Image by John Paul Edge from Pixabay