Friday, March 26, 2021

Morning welcome

Friday in the Fifth Week of Lent

Let me hear of your loving-kindness in the morning,
for I put my trust in you;
show me the road that I must walk,
for I lift up my soul to you.
Psalm 143:8



On this morning, I hear the Spirit greet me as I wake. It is a gentle voice, with a lilt and a hint of joyous laughter. She takes me by the hand and ushers me into a new day. One of God’s best miracles.

This is pure gift, and I receive it as such. It is not of my making, and I know too well that I could easily squander this grace by simply not taking it in. Or thinking I have something more important to do, or a better idea how I need to spend this day. As if it were something I could use or consume.

So, I place my soul in the hands of the morning, and breath in its sweetness, and wait for God to show me what comes next.


Image credit: Alyssa Sieb @alyssasieb