Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Seek

 Wednesday of the Third Week of Advent

God looks down from heaven upon us all,
to see if there is any who is wise,
if there is one who seeks after God
Psalm 53:2



After taking up residency sometime in March, uncertainty has now overstayed her welcome in my home and in my soul. There’s not much else to say, nor really anything to do. Is it safe? Is it smart? Is it wise? The questions follow me around, my own personal Greek chorus.

I know I am not in this alone. This is the world we live in now. It is the way it is. And yet, it is not all. The all is holiness. The all is taking off our shoes in the presence of the bush that burns but is not consumed because this is sacred ground. The all is about to shatter the stillness of a long night with a newborn cry. 

God searches out my uncertainty, gently encompasses it with extraordinary wholeness, and tenderly guides my feet and my gaze toward the wisdom found in seeking.






Image by Clem Cou from Pixabay