Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Long road

Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Advent


I love the Lord, because he has heard the voice of my supplication,
because he has inclined his ear to me whenever I called upon him.
Psalm 116:1

It has been a long road and I am weary, yet the destination still lies ahead. The Advent road will inevitably usher me to the manger where I will gather with friendly beasts, and shepherds, and angels, and other bystanders to bask in the light of holiness.

At the same time, I know that the way of faith I travel continues on, and that the destination on this path will forever be ahead. 

But as I look back on the way traveled and travailed, I see the presence of love over and over again. So I know that love must be ever before me as well.



Image by Pexels from Pixabay