Thursday, April 11, 2019

Glory

Thursday in the Fifth Week of Lent

I cry out to you, O Lord;
I say, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.”
Psalm 142:5

The bright April sun tugs at my heart, calling me to the outdoors and I set out on an unhurried trek. It seems as if it has been ages since I had to time for a good, long walk. But this day has offered a gracious window of time and I enter it with relish.

The spring has been busy the past few weeks since I have been out this way. New growth is everywhere to be appreciated. I had seen some magnolias beginning to bloom as few days ago as I drove past with no time to stop. I resolved then to walk this way before the moment of outrageous blossoming was gone.

As I walk, I feel restored. As if the spring life all around me is within me as well. I cross a bridge and see the magnificent blooms ahead of me, inviting me to the party. I accept the summons, step beneath, and lift my face to the glory, anointed by petals set aloft by the light breeze.

God’s glory. My refuge. A full portion of love, new life, redemption.