Monday, April 1, 2019

Captured by the light

Monday in the Fourth Week of Lent

Your love, O Lord, for ever will I sing;
form age to age my mouth will proclaim your faithfulness
Psalm 89:1

The morning sun reaches through the blinds and casts a trail of light across the room. I am captivated by the pattern. The brightness seems to both bid me forward and invite me to pause.

My journey through Lent is like a journey through just about any week in my life. The landscape can be tumultuous, chaotic, uncertain, stressful and in its midst also tender solace, gentleness, compassion, kindhearted candor, resources for resilience.

And always on offer are moments for reflection, windows that let in the light so that I can not only see the way ahead, but can also be arrested by its advent and linger long enough to recognize the holy.



image source: 123rf.com