Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thursday of the Third Week of Advent



The Lord, the God of gods, has spoken;
   he has called the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.  Psalm 50:1




In the shadows that play against the wall at dawn. In the epiphany that comes as I listen to a colleague who sees something I missed. In my thoughts that meander from water to life to baptism as I attend to the thirsty plant on the kitchen sill. The gift of today is that God keeps showing up and showing me.

In this day, this place, this breath. From the beginning to the end of the earth, both in time and in space. All of the earth, and all of its time, and all that these encompass belong to God. And God keeps showing. Through. Above. Around. Within. Always.



Image Credit : designpics 

Copyright Anne E. Kitch 2014