Thursday, December 8, 2022

Remarkable

Thursday of the Second Week of Advent

Take delight in the Lord,
and God shall give you your heart’s desire. 
Psalm 37:4


It has been a day of banking and forms and problem-solving. And prayer. As I close files and clear my workspace to leave the office for the day, I offer a prayer of gratitude to God. I am grateful for the skills and experience I have gained along the way that make it possible for me to do my job well. And to love doing it. 

Certainly, there are days when the work is difficult and the road tedious. Yet the balance of my time living into my vocation is delight. And contentment. And often awe.

The way to the manger can seem a road so well-trodden that it is hardly remarkable. And this is why I pray. That I may always see the stars strewn along the path and know I step toward a holy mystery that will overflow my heart.