Saturday, December 14, 2019

Dawning

Saturday of the Second Week of Advent

Send out your light and your truth, that they may lead me,
and bring me to your holy hill
and to your dwelling.
Psalm 43:3

I walk in the dark, knowing my way around furniture and obstacles, intentionally ignoring light switches as I invite the ambient glow to usher me to my meditation space in this house. A small lamp and a candle are my prayer companions as I watch the night outside my window gently give way to the dawning.

The emerging light uncovers shapes, bringing definition, revealing the familiar and unmasking a day that is not yet known, that will have light of its own. Dim or bright or heavy or clear or shy or dazzling.

And I wait for the dawning of another light, for Light itself whose glory outshines bright stars and angel brilliance. I feel its quickening in my heart even now as I make space for the wonder to be revealed.




Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay