Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Opening to promise

Tuesday in the Fourth Week of Lent

Be joyful in the Lord, all you lands;
serve the Lord with gladness
and come before his presence with a song.
Psalm 100:1

I haven’t left the house yet, but I already have a spring in my step.

The warm weather and increasing sunshine of the last week have done their work. The banks of snow have melted and the bare trees are beginning to suggest that they just might have some color to show.

Black frozen mounds still cling to certain streets, and the thaw has uncovered the detritus that the winter buried, but there is no denying the spring now.

It will be warm today. No need to bundle myself against the elements. Even in the wilderness journey a corner has been turned, and it is time to open up more and more to the promise of new life. 

I don’t want to miss the blessings along the way. I begin to hum as I walk out the door.