Saturday, December 8, 2018

Playfulness calling

Saturday of the First Week of Advent

Turn again to your rest, O my soul,
for the Lord has treated you well.
Psalm 116:4

There is really no help for it. I must leave my laptop behind with the tech people. I think through my plans for the day, work that I meant to accomplish, and how much of what I do is tied to this piece of technology. Can I let it go?

My mind begins to troubleshoot, looking for workarounds (is there another computer I can borrow?), but then I see the gift. Rest. I set aside what I thought was important for the day, and open myself to God's invitation. Invitation to creativity, invitation to relationship, invitation to play.

I walk out into the cold, bright day, already feeling lighter. The world opens wide before me, and God has given me the freedom to enjoy it. More than that, the Holy One who created laughter and merriment and glee calls me into delightful possibility.



image source: 123rf.com