Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Walking in mercy

Tuesday of the First Week of Advent

As for me, through the greatness of your mercy
I will go into your house;
I will bow down toward your holy temple in awe of you.
Psalm 5:7


Yesterday, in the late afternoon, I walked. It was a relief to be out moving along the damp, leaf-strewn road. A godsend to fully move my body, incorporate my breath, my arms, legs, and feet as well as the low burn of tendonitis, the slight arthritic ache, the joints that remind me of my age.

After a morning of technical challenges and fixes, trouble-shooting the online world, I found restoration in my physical connection with the outdoors--God’s holy temple. All of myself including my limitations, welcomed by God’s mercy.

Today I begin again. My limitations, my aging, my hesitations intertwined into who I am as I approach Bethlehem this time around. Still counting on God’s mercy.