Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Obstacles

Wednesday of the First Week of Advent

Happy are they whose way is blameless,
who walk in the law of the Lord!
Psalm 119:1


The automatic “Thank you Jesus” as I discover chocolate in my desk drawer is probably not the best use of that prayer. Nevertheless, the nonpareils seem to be what I need to jumpstart my sluggish self. Even as I indulge, I know better. Experience has taught me that this shortcut will not address my soul fatigue.

In this and larger life issues my way is not blameless. How could it be? And yet, I will continue to place my trust in the wideness of God’s mercy.

With intention, I wend my way through the obstacles that fluster me and settle myself into the contemplative space. I breathe deeply and pray again, “Thank you Jesus,” this time in greeting.