Thursday, December 16, 2021

Distraction

 Thursday of the Third Week of Advent
 
My eyes are fixed on you, O my Strength;
for you, O God, are my stronghold.
Psalm 59:10

 
As I watch the morning brighten outside our front window, I also see and hear the traffic increase. So many people on their way somewhere, most in a hurry. People always drive too fast down this residential street.
 
I struggle to focus on my prayers. I could move to another part of the house and away from the distraction. But I like the light here. This is the brightest room in the house, and as we continue to move toward the darkest day of the year, I ache for more light.
 
It seems these days neither my eyes nor my attention are fixed anywhere for long. And I realize behind my distraction I am waiting. Waiting for change, waiting for restoration, waiting for….
 
And still. Still, I know that beyond the uncertainty lies my Strength, my Stronghold, my Light and my Hope.




Image by C B from Pixabay