Monday, December 20, 2021

Dawn road

Monday of the Fourth Week of Advent
 
For God alone my soul in silence waits;
from the One comes my salvation.
Psalm 62:1

 
When I wake the moon is still bright, and I sit in contemplation as the light of the sun slowly warms the horizon, indigo giving way to orange-pink and then dawn blue. One light exchanging space with another in an ancient rhythm.
 
And by the grace of the one who created the light and its reflection, a heaviness in my soul has been replaced with quiet anticipation. I am filled with the assurance that I am no longer trying to be ready; I am simply walking the last bit of the Advent way.
 
I don’t know how God does this. But with a relief on the edge of tears I give myself over with awe and gratitude. Come, Jesus.




Image by Pexels from Pixabay