Thursday, April 16, 2020

Tenacious

Thursday in Easter Week

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord, O my soul!
I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
Psalm 146:1

“What is at the top of your gratitude list?” my friend posts on social media. I sift through the past day and all my encounters. Phone calls, emails, zoom meetings. Facebook comments and replies. Text messages. Face time. All the ways communities persist in reaching out and gathering in. Each day calls for new abilities and offers outlets for creativity. And requires reconstructed responses for the aching need of so many.

And somewhere in the open space between need and purpose, grace keeps a tenacious hold. On this side of Easter, I grasp for joy as the women outside the empty tomb grasped the feet of the risen Christ.

At the top of my list today—my encounters with the enduring capacity to see and respond to goodness. Which can be nothing other than a sacred gift from the author of life.



Image by Susanne Jutzeler, suju-foto from Pixabay