Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Indelible love

Wednesday in the Fifth Week of Lent

Let my cry come before you, O Lord;
give me understanding, according to your word.
Psalm 119:169

Everything takes longer. And I continue to be surprised by this, as if I could somehow get this situation under control, as if the landscape wasn’t changing on a daily basis. I hear the same thing from friends and colleagues, in which I find comfort. It is not just me.

And then I am called up short. Of course it is not just me. And I am reminded again that I am not in this alone. I am surrounded by more than one community that is casting hope along the way. I am connected to people who are creating art, sewing masks, weaving prayers, inventing new ways to distribute sustenance of all kinds.

And then there is the truth that I belong to the Author of hope.

I become still, and open my heart, and become aware of God continuing to write upon it in indelible words of love.