Friday, April 3, 2020

Resonance

Friday in the Fifth Week of Lent

Let me hear of your loving-kindness in the morning,
for I put my trust in you;
show me the road that I must walk,
for I lift up my soul to you.
Psalm 143:8

I wake to the sound of the wind chimes and let the lovely resonance become my focus. It is not really a melody that they play, but rather harmonious tones cast into the air, brought into being by strong gusts and gentle breezes and an artist’s craft. They accompany my morning routine and my prayer, and I know they will be with me throughout the day, a gracious song in the background of my doing and being.

And running in the background too is the sweetest song of all, the song of creation, of the light which God spoke into being, and the Word which was there at that speaking and continually voices redemption and will always call me by name.

As the richness of the chimes floats across the sunrise, my soul is lifted. This holy loving-kindness illumines my way now.