Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Edge

Wednesday in Holy Week

Hear my prayer, O God;
do not hide yourself from my petition.
Listen to me and answer me;
I have no peace, because of my cares.
Psalm 55:1-2



In the evening and in the morning I offer up the day of contradictions. A celebratory lunch. Stress about upcoming events. Flowers from my husband, just because. Worrisome news from a friend. The swelling red buds on the tree outside my window juxtaposed with the intricate patterns of crystalized ice that has to be scraped off my windshield.

I am acutely aware now of the tension underlying this border territory along the edge of the wilderness. And weaving through it the faint strains of a sacred song of sorrow and heartache that is beginning to take shape. I know that holy ground can bring uncertainty, yet even still I grasp for God, wanting steadiness and reassurance.

The ambiguity of the edge of things. Will I hide? Will I stand still? Will I risk? 



Image Copyright: / 123RF Stock Photo