Monday, February 26, 2024

Restless

Monday in the Second Week of Lent

For your loving-kindness is greater than the heavens,
and your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Psalm 57:10


The fatigue wraps around me like a blanket. I am ready for bed, yet when I see the time, I am surprised; it is really early. But then the day has been full. Of worship, of new music for a new season, of abundant food and community, of deliberations, of sacred conversations, of artistry. Of comfort and of being stretched. 

I can feel my need for restoration in my belly. And I know where to place my exhausted body and soul. In the hands of the One who is ever faithful, who holds me dear, who created kindness and compassion.

God will bring the new day and place me in it, still on the Lenten path, with vast opportunity for the restless wandering that brings me ever closer to where true rest can be found.