Monday, November 29, 2021

Adventuring undaunted

But you, O Lord, are a shield about me;
you are my glory, the one who lifts up my head.
Psalm 3:3

 

The crisp cold of the morning greets me before I see the white and crystal layers on trees and buildings. Our first snow. It seems right for the season, its sharpness delineating the threshold crossed into Advent.
 
This year the season of expectation rushes into and over my life, my home, my community with welcome energy. I stand tall and raise my head, the recommended posture for facing into the hazardous and exciting journey ahead.
 
The seasons past have taught me that hope is precarious. And contagious. New life comes with vulnerability. And tenacity. And by the grace of the one who shields me and lifts up my head, I step forth undaunted.