Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Connection

 Wednesday in the Second Week of Lent

My soul has longed for your salvation;
I have put my hope in your word.
Psalm 119:81



A year ago my friend and I were enjoying morning coffee in a small, locally-owned coffee shop and bookstore. Surrounded by used books, we contemplated the generations of personal stories not just within the pages, but connected to the pages. How many lives had any one book touched? And how many lives did our own stories connect us to?

Now is the time when “a year ago” becomes a familiar phrase as we sift through our experiences and try to make sense of them, put them in context, learn from them, move on from some and hold on to others.

For me, among other things, it has been a time of practicing hope, deepening community, and nurturing connection. Actually, often holding on to connections for dear life, not wanting to lose anyone or be lost myself.

And where would I be without the constancy of God, who is ever faithful? Whose word connects all? Who binds us with love? Even from six feet apart.



Image by Bruno /Germany from Pixabay