Wednesday, April 6, 2022

While waiting

 Wednesday in the Fifth Week of Lent

My soul waits for the Lord,
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.
Psalm 130:5


As I get into the car after my appointment, I feel the sun’s warmth. The outside air remains spring-cool, but in my car it is toasty. I sit for a moment. There is still money in the meter. I do not have to be somewhere else at a particular time. Why not just continue to sit and soak up the warmth?

I settle in and unwind. I decide that the most important thing for me to do is to relax into this coziness. On my next three errands, I repeat the practice. I park, sit still in my car, and absorb the sunlight. And the peace. And God’s presence.

Yes, there is work waiting for me. And it can continue to wait. I will wait for the Lord.




Image by joduma from Pixabay