Friday, February 26, 2021

Re-creation

Friday in the First Week of Lent

Open my lips, O Lord,
and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.
Psalm 51:16


I prepare for a day of respite and feel a sense of gratitude wash over me, calming and energizing. I have learned over this past year--as the lines between home and office, work and play, time on and time off, have blurred--how vital it is for me to honor times of restoration.

God cares for our recreation. And re-creation. To give myself over to times of refreshment, especially when they happen upon me at odd moments, is to deeply respect the sacred relationship into which God calls me day after day.

When my lips praise God, I’m not telling the Almighty he is doing a good job. I am honoring, adoring, celebrating the One who has created this exquisite universe and placed me in it, giving me so much to enjoy.



Image by David Mark from Pixabay